At Manorfield Primary and Nursery School, we believe that every child in the Early Years should:
- Be safe, secure and valued when they are at school
- Experience an inclusive curriculum which enables playing and exploring, active learning and critical thinking
- Benefit from highly effective teaching, a stimulating environment and ongoing parental interest and support
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (EYFS). We recognise that every child is unique and needs to develop positive relationships. Within an enabling environment, learning takes place. We support all children’s development through seven areas of learning.
Prime areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
These three prime areas are extended and developed through specific areas.
Specific areas of learning:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
In the Early Years we use Tapestry, an online learning journal, to capture observations of children. We work in partnership with parents to build a holistic view of each child's development.